I wasn’t quite sure what to do with these domed flower beads when I bought them, but they were so pretty and unique that I knew I could find something to do with them. I discovered that some glass pearls I had fit perfectly inside them, making them look like actual flowers. I experimented with a couple different ways to keep the pearls inside, and went with wire wrapping. The flowers looked great on some metal chain I had, so this really cool wire wrapped flower chain bracelet was born. I liked the design so much, I made some matching earrings to go with it. Both are available for purchase in my Etsy shop, along with a similar pair of yellow earrings. If you’d like to learn how to make your own, learn a new technique, or get some inspiration, keep on reading!
- 7 – 15 mm domed glass flower beads
- 7 – 4 mm white glass pearls
- 28″ (~70 cm) of 30 gauge wire, cut into 7 – 4″ (~10 cm) pieces
- 6.5″ (~16.5 cm) of chain (32 links about 5 x 7 mm)
- 2 – 21 gauge silver oval jump rings, 5 x 7 mm
- 1 toggle clasp
6. Repeat steps 3-5, placing each flower 4 links apart on the chain.
7. Attach the toggle clasp with the oval jump rings to each end of the chain.
- 2 – 15 mm domed flower beads
- 2 – 4 mm white glass pearls
- 8″ (~20 cm) of 30 gauge wire, cut into 2 – 4″ (~10 cm) pieces
- 2 – 18 gauge, 6 mm jump rings
- 2 shepherd’s hook style ear wires
1. Follow steps 1-2 from the bracelet above to make 2 flower and pearl units.