In this peppermint fudge, chocolate and peppermint come together in holy matrimony. It’s really simple to make and the results are deliciously dangerous. I got the basics of the recipe off a bag of Kroger mini marshmallows, and put my own peppermint spin on it.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint (Place some candy canes in a bag and use a rolling pin to break them up. Use 1/2 cup if you’d like more.)
- In medium saucepan, bring butter, milk, sugar, and salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peppermint extract. Stir vigorously until chocolate and marshmallows are melted.
- Stir in crushed peppermints. (Set a little extra aside if you’d like some on top.)
- Pour into a greased 8 x 8″ pan. Sprinkle any remaining crushed peppermint on top, if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container.