I saw this particular earring design in a department store while browsing for inspiration. They looked like something I could make, so I gave it a shot. I made a pair for myself that was yellow and they turned out great. I’ve decided to share my secrets with you today, so I hope you enjoy.
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 30-45 minutes
- 17″ of flexible beading wire, cut into 2 strands of 4″ and 2 strands of 4.5″
- 8 crimp beads or tubes
- 8 crimp covers
- 10/0 seed beads, any color
- 2 jump rings, 8mm (plus a few extra to use for stringing)
- 2 earring hooks
- Flat-nose pliers
- Crimping tool
- On a 4″ strand, string a crimp bead and jump ring. Go back through the crimp bead and crimp it with the crimping tool. Cover it with a crimp cover.
- String 1.5″ of seed beads.
- String a crimp bead and jump ring. Go back through the crimp bead and a few other beads. Crimp the bead, leaving a little room on the wire to allow the beads to move. Cover it with a crimp cover.
- With the pliers, open the jump rings on both ends of the strand. Remove one of them and set it aside. String the end back on the jump ring on the other end. Set aside.
- Take a 4.5″ strand and follow step 1. String 2″ of seed beads and follow step 3.
- Remove both jump rings from the new strand. Take the shorter strand you set aside in step 4. Open the jump ring and string the new strand on either side. String an earring hook and close the jump ring.
- Repeat steps 1-6 to make the second earring.
The possibilities are endless with these earrings. You can use any color seed bead you can find. You could even shake things up a bit by using a different color for each strand. You could use any color metal as well. I find smaller seed beads work better, since they’re more flexible on the strand.
These are not yet up for sale in my shop, but let me know in the comments if you’d be interested in a pair or what color you might like.
Speaking of tutorials, if you’re ever in need of some awesome hair tutorials, Yvette is your girl. She posts weekly hair tutorials, and just finished up ten weeks of original hairstyles!