Summer is drawing to a close, and I knew I needed to include this easy pie recipe before before summer’s gone. The recipe is adapted from one by my Southern grandma, so you know it’s gonna be good. It is a bit on the sweeter side, but it tastes just like ice cold lemonade and it’s a great refreshment on a hot summer day. You’ve gotta eat it quick, though, because it starts melting as soon as you take it out of the freezer.
- 3 pre-made graham cracker crusts (you might be able to get away with only 2, but I haven’t tested that)
- 2 cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans of cold sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8-oz tub of regular Cool Whip, thawed
- Additional whipped cream (optional)
Step 1: Combine lemonade concentrate, sweetened condensed milk, and Cool Whip in a large bowl. Mix by hand until all lumps are gone. Do not use an electric mixer.
Step 2: Pour mixture into pie shells. Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Step 3: After many failed attempts at slicing pieces, I discovered that using a sharp serrated knife works best to saw through the frozen crust. Top with optional whipped cream. Return to freezer ASAP.
The pies will keep in your freezer covered with tin foil for about 2 weeks.